Saturday, May 28, 2016

Testing the Hypothesis, Part 1

    1)       I would like to take advantage of the opportunity that there is no dominant force in the market that provides workout information to individuals.  This includes workout and diet plans along with a fully integrated mobile application as well.  Below are the links from conversations involving my investigation of the who what where when and why.





   
2)      My Opportunity Hypothesis – “All gym-goers are unable to find nutrition, and workout plans along with an effective tracking system for workouts because now It is difficult to find the information and bring that information into the gym.”

The who: Gym-goers (men, women)

The what: They have difficulty finding workouts and then difficulty tracking them at the gym.

The why:  Because the gym-goers are unable to bring that information to the gym and/or access it without paying for it from a trusted source.

   3)       For this part I realized there was different view concerning my idea.  I realized that people around the age of 50 like my parents are used to an old system where the gym itself kept sheets and held onto them for you.  Also on the other hand, I at first I did not recognize that other people, not just gym-goers, can be part of my “who”.  My girlfriend mentioned that she, like many other girls prefer just to run and do bodyweight exercises, which are not recognized by many sites currently.  She also mentioned that many times she has a girlfriend ask what workout she is doing but there is no way to share such workout through her mobile device. Overall, this exercised helped me realize where this opportunity truly existed and where it could go.  


4 comments:

  1. Hi Michael, I like this idea but I definitely think you should go into more detail. I think the type of app you are describing already exists. But maybe if I knew more about the details of your app I can see what separates your workout app idea from the ones that are currently out there. I think it could be cool if you could make an app that specifically creates exercise and nutrition plans related with the goals of the individual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This partly already exists. When I was a member at gold’s gym my personal trainer would track my workout every time I went and printed out a nutrition schedule for me every week. While this might not be presented to the public at the moment, the software does exist to track and suggest different work out regiment for the particular day and nutrition based on a particular person body type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael,
    Personally I can definitely get behind a concept like this. I've looked for an app that accomplishes all these goals that you put forth. I need a personalized workout routine, and a meal plan, but I'm not willing to break my college student budget to hire a personal trainer. Plus I'd much rather be in control of all aspects of my fitness anyways. I don't like having to rely on anyone else for my health. Great concept!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this idea. I keep my workouts on excel spreadsheets! My Grandma has a gym near her that does something similar to this, but it is on a flash card type thing. It keeps track of everything she does and her trainer loads new workouts on it for her. You plug the flash card into gym equipment and it tells you how long, or how many reps, weight, etc for that workout.
    This would probably be something that would be beneficial to gyms that are already nation wide and well established. An extra offer they can have for their members.

    ReplyDelete