Sunday, July 17, 2016

Elevator Pitch No. 3



Since I did not perform an elevator pitch #2 I’ve decided to reflect on my original elevator pitch.  It was just audio which made it difficult, in my opinion, for individuals to understand.  I received great feedback and some of the issues with the idea were brought to my attention.  They aren’t issues just contradictions or alternatives I should be aware of, like looking workouts up on YouTube and such.  That came from most people who are less serious about working out, but it showed me to not focus on what the application does and more about the idea for the company as a whole.  This is why I mentioned nutrition this time around, and other areas like leaseable gym equipment, to therefore be able to target more customers.  So, this elevator pitch is significantly different from my first one, especially in regard to the approach I take.  The approach this time was more of a holistic approach with an overall message to help get America active again, to help intrigue and draw more individuals in.

3 comments:

  1. Michael,

    Over all your presentation was good. The suit was a great idea. I noticed that you focused on not using filler words like "um" and "ah". The one change I would suggest is that you should of edited the video so we didn't see you reach to turn the camera off. But, other than that the material was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also noticed you tried to avoid filler words. This is good but for future reference, and I could be wrong, I don't think that it matters if you say "um" a few times. It shows that it is being natural and the issue comes in when you say "um" every sentence and makes the speaker look unprofessional. One thing I noticed as I did in others was staying still. You rocked back and forth a bit which is something that might make you appear more nervous and less confident in your idea. Not terribly though. Another thing to work on would be hand gestures. I saw that your hand gestures meant something and others (or at one point) i think you were cracking your fingers. Overall great job but wanted to give honest feedback that could help for future pitches. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your presentation and your idea to create a service that will help people get out to exercise and move around. I think your idea is feasible and that people would actually be interested in it. At some points you paused your speech and it seemed like you were looking at a script which was kind of distracting at times.

    ReplyDelete